Monday, June 9, 2014

Of all the other titles that He could have used, He chose to be called Father




                 Looks like she is still mentally 11 years old and mayber her companion is too!  She is definately a child at heart!
                                                                   But also wise beyond her years at the same time!!


Hi mama!

Sounds like dad is really milkin it right now. Tell him to man up!
Just kidding, love you dad. So Kate is a chip off the old softball block eh? She rocks. And I'm proud of the baby boey for being such a cute, tiny trecker. 
 
This week was great! We were able to teach a part member family that is super interested! The little boy is nine and he was begging his dad to take him to church at the end of our lesson.

Children are so Christlike and I see that more and more as I teach them. We also taught the girl that is my kindred spirit this week. We brought sister Dillon, a convert that rocks, to the lesson and she told her conversion story. She related so well with Riley and the spirit was overwhelming. She admitted that she knew everything was true, she is just scared to be a member of the church and all that it entails. She is so sensitive to the spirit. 
 
It was really funny because she told us that if this church wasn't true, no one would join. No one would believe that God appeared to and spoke to a 14 year old boy. No one would go to church for 3 hours each Sunday. No one would give up coffee, tea, alcohol, cigarettes, immodest dress, and everything the "world" esteems to be right if it wasn't for the spirit testifying to their hearts that it's all true.
 
I want those of you who went on the trek to reflect on the spirit you felt there. Think of how exhausted you were and how hard you worked. The want for food and water alone would be enough to leave this gospel if it wasn't true. I know that the pioneers had firm faith and they crossed the plains because it was a commandment from God through His prophet. I love the pioneers for their unwavering faith because I can't imagine the struggle they endured, but that struggle strengthens my testimony that this is Christ's church on the earth today. As true followers of Christ, we have to expect to pass through trials and hardships just as He did, but we can "press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope" (2 Nephi 31:20) knowing that just as He was, we can be resurrected and reunited with our families.
 
I know that this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God and I know that our Heavenly Father looks forward to that meeting very much, because above all, I know that He loves us with a perfect love. "Of all the other titles that He could have used, He chose to be called 'Father.'" President Boyd K Packer. President Packer also says that "Your secret yearnings and tearful pleadings will touch the heart of both the Father and the Son." Pray to God. I challenge each of you at this time to read the Book of Mormon, ponder the message it contains, and then ask God, the eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if the book is true. I bear my witness that I know it's true.
 
We taught a Chinese man this week that we call Peter. He is in his 80's, is basically deaf, and speaks little English. I'm in my teens, am basically deaf, and speak little English too, so you see the problem that arose as we began teaching him. Luckily I have learned that I'm not the one teaching, the spirit is. The spirit was undeniable as we relayed Joseph Smiths vision, in his own words, to Peter. He told us that he feels good in his heart, that God led him here, and that he knows it's true. I promise it's true. It's as true as I am short. I love you all with my whole heart! Work hard, pray hard!
Sister Udall

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment