Tuesday, June 24, 2014

First Transfer! Aloha 2nd Ward, but she did not say what town she is in!

Hey family! 

So, i have good news and bad news, which ironically are the same news. I got transferred! I left my home in sherwood and am now serving in the aloha 2nd ward. I'm really excited to be here but sad to leave all the wonderful people of Sherwood. I'll be back to visit them though :) when we got transfer news our phone blew up with texts from the ward saying goodbye and planning a going away party for me. We all went to brother Adams backyard Sunday night and had a little get together. It was so great! So many people were there and they kept giving me hugs and presents and all manner of goodies. It was great! I'm going to miss them all so much! That was my greenie area so a lot of the women there call me their baby and they truly helped raise me into the missionary I am now. I will forever be grateful to the cedar creek ward and all they have done for me.

 I wanted to go out with a bang so I made the decision that I was going to set a baptismal date with someone before I left so that I could come back and visit. Well, we were able to do it! We had a lesson with the older Chinese man I was telling you about. We invited him to be baptized.  He accepted the date of the 19th so I will be going back for that.

Most of our investigators came to church on sunday to say goodbye to me.  Each speaker talked on the restoration and the spirit was amazing! Laura was there and I am so excited about her. She's the one that takes notes in our lessons and marks her Book of Mormon. That lady is the definition of the elect I'm telling you. Also among the church goers was Tom White! He is an old country boy and served with a Udall on his mission in Central America. He calls me his "Arizona Girl" and we just get along so well! He has been less active for quite sometime.  His last piece of advice he gave me before I left was "wear sunglasses and check your DNA" which is an inside joke. I love that man.

I was sad to leave but happy to be with my new companion, sister Phoenix Sparrow. Cool name right? She is from Utah and she played softball in college. She's the real deal. We talk softball all the time. What's cool is I came out the transfer right after her and we have been good friends my whole mission so I'm so excited for this transfer. We had a super sad meeting though. It was President and Sister Morby's last transfer meeting. Crylie showed her true colors in that one. We sang the fey medley and God Be With You Till We Meet Again which just isn't fair. It's so hard saying goodbye to them. They are regulars in my life. I see them at least once a week and talk to them almost daily. They'll either text or call to check up on all the missionaries. Coming out here, I didn't know that I could come to love my mission president and mission mom so much. They are like parents to me! President Morby hugged me after the meeting and he told me that he loves me and is proud of me. I guess since he's leaving he's allowed to do that but I didn't expect it! It was awesome. It's the best feeling in the world knowing someone so great and influential is proud of you and I can't even comprehend the joy that will fill our hearts as we hear those words from our Heavenly Father. 

I'm excited about Christies baby. Oh and Trevor's. Yay for Kendall and Stella and Trayser! They are all so cute in the temple. I can't believe that chantz is already home! I hate saying that time flies because then I sound like dad when he says morning comes early, but both of those statements are true! I've learned them the hard way out here haha. 

I'm so happy for Dustin! I've been thinking about her a lot lately because really funny things keep happening that I want to tell her. I sent Christie and Kate packages this week so they better be nice to me. I'm so thankful for you and aunt Becky sending me stuff!  I love you all so much and I love our savior Jesus Christ. I know that He is mighty to save and He loves us so much. We've never gone too far to feel His love and apply His atonement. I love you all so much! Work hard pray hard! 
Sister Udall










No comments:

Post a Comment