Monday, March 31, 2014

I Love Oregonians!

Devon and Gerise got baptized!!! Wonderful, wonderful day! So this was Saturday. It was one of the best days of my entire life! President Morby spoke which was cool because he is definitely going to be a general authority. I was asked to speak about the change I've seen in Devon and I didn't even cry! Which is surprising considering my nickname is Crylie. Devon and Gerise both cried though. I love them so much and I can't even describe how it felt to see them dressed in white and enter the waters of baptism, covenanting with their Father that they will follow the example of Jesus Christ and take His name upon them. I think we sometimes downplay the importance of baptism, or at least I never understood it until my mission.
 
Baptism is the first step to eternal life. Our salvation depends on this thirty second ordinance. It is the promise that we will leave our old life behind and reconcile our desires with the Savior's. Mosiah 18: 8-10
 
8 And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light;
 
9 Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life--
 
10 Now I say unto you, if this be the desire of your hearts, what have you against being baptized in the name of the Lord, as a witness before him that ye have entered into a covenant with him, that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may pour out his Spirit more abundantly upon you?
 
This next part is my favorite, cause these people are pumped! 
11 And now when the people had heard these words, they clapped their hands for joy, and exclaimed: This is the desire of our hearts.
 
I wish we could all have the vision of the importance of baptism. Each of God's children need this special ordinance to achieve true happiness, and who are we to hold them back from it? BE BOLD! This is a matter of life or death. "We are ALL enlisted till the conflict is over." It's still not over people. Let's put on the armor of God, join Zion's army, and save these precious souls! It is the single most important thing we can do on this earth. My challenge to you is to have one missionary experience a week. I know you can do it and I would love to hear about them :)
 
On my mission I have acquired a greater capacity to love. I have always been a people person and have always loved people, but the strength of that love has tripled! It's like God has unlocked a chamber in my heart that I never even knew I had and filled it chock full of Oregonians! I love the people here so much. I wanna cry every time an ambulance goes by because I can't stand the thought of any of my sherwoodites getting hurt! I especially love Devon and Gerise. They truly have become like family to me and I know God sent me here at this specific time so I could make this lasting friendship.
 
I'm sad that the letters keep getting sent back! Have you called the mission home? Maybe they know what's going on. I really hope I don't get transferred and I don't think I will. The work is our area is exploding so I would be surprised if I got moved. I love you all so much! Work hard, pray hard! :) oh and mom, in the women's conference, Henry B Irying said to send our moms a smile, so I sent some smily pictures. I love you mom! :)
Sent from my iPad
 
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment