Monday, July 28, 2014



Hi Momma!

I can't believe Dustin and Stormy are going to neighboring missions! That's so wild! and im so pumped for Brook and Joel! My pitcher and my home teacher got hitched. that should be some kind of cheesy LDS movie. I'm glad Truse and Trev are moving back home! Eagar is a million times cooler than Logan. I also would like Bishop Bluth's email mom :) and why should I apply for BYU? I still have a long time on my mission. Or is that a normal thing to do? You tell me because I don't know about college stuff.

So, Sister Sparrow and I had a pretty good week! We went up to Mt Hood on p day, and no dad that is not in Washington, its in the beautiful state of Oregon! It was really fun. We went down the alpine slide and did some batting cages which was a dream come true for me! I've had to put softball on the altar of sacrifice because i miss it so much when the weather is nice like this.

I had the awesome opportunity this week to go through the temple with the sweetest lady ever, Sharon, who I taught in Sherwood. I got to sit by her the whole time as she went through the temple to get her endowments. It was a miracle. I just wanted to cry because its coming up on a year when I first got mine and that was such a great day. The temple is the house of the Lord and that becomes obvious when we enter in and feel His love. As we left Sharon told me that she felt 100 pounds lighter and she was just glowing! One of my favorite people of all time, Lisa Dillon from Sherwood, picked me up so I could go to the temple and it was so much fun spending time with her. we are like kindred spirits.

We had another great lesson again this week. We wanted to help our investigator gain a testimony of our prophet, President Monson. We started teaching her about prophets and that we had one today and she was super sketched by that concept. So we whipped out our handy dandy iPads and watched his most recent conference talk with her. She bawled through the whole thing and asked for a printed copy of it so she could read it with her husband. It's so cool to watch people gain a testimony. At the beginning of the lesson she did not believe in modern day prophets but by the end of the lesson she knew that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God! It was amazing! I was so grateful for the iPads at that moment. I know God gave them to us to spread the gospel in a more effective way and it is working!

So on Friday we wanted to do some service for our old lady neighbor, so we set out in jeans and on foot to weed her garden when this young man started running up to us. He was hispanic and in his early thirties at the oldest. He was like oh good you stopped, can i use your phone? So we let him and he was so grateful! He said that everyone was being so mean to him and he got thrown off the bus this morning. He told us so many weird things. he showed us all his stab wounds and talked about how he was raised catholic but he wouldn't mind switching over. He said he'll miss the catholic religion though because apparently that's the gangster religion. We talked to him for almost two hours about the most random stuff. he thinks we are the coolest people ever and he really wants us to go on a pic nic with him. The people you meet on your mission man. We taught him the restoration on the side of the road and afterwards he said dang y'all did a good job preachin to me. haha it was a strange week. and a hot week! My clothes are all way too hot and I don't have time to shop! I pray for rain every day. I love you so much mom! I loved all your letters! oh, and can you believe how fast everything is going by? I've been out for 7 months now. It's going by so fast! love you all! :)
Work hard pray hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment