Monday, May 12, 2014

It was so good to Skype yesterday!

Hi mom!

It was so good to talk to you and see you last night! Everyone in the ward kept coming up to us at church yesterday with watery eyes and asking if we've skyped yet. When we said no they got all sympathetic and offered their houses and computers. This ward loves missionaries. I am taken care of so well here! I wish I could stay in this area my whole mission. I hope I stay for a long time like Goodes did in his first area.

I'm super stoked for smellie Stellie's call! Korea! You and John are going to love kimchi together. I eat kimchi here at an Asian members house and it's pretty good so don't fret. 

Not much is new that I didn't already tell you over skype last night but I will tell you of an awesome experience we had with a man named Paul. Paul is the husband of a former less active that we helped reactivate in our ward. A few days ago we took them to the visitors center and had a lesson there. We are so blessed in this mission to have a temple nearby AND a visitors center. We started with the narration of the Christis which was amazing. Paul commented on how seeing the open arms of the savior gives him hope and helps him know that Christ's hands are always reaching out to us, hoping we'll grab on and come to Him. 

Then we watched Gods Plan for the Family, which is the tearjerkingest video known to man basically. Every time I watch it I think of the time cammie and I bawled through the entire thing at the Mesa temple visitors center. Anyways, Paul loved that too! We walked the grounds with him and talked about the sealing power that is only available in God's holy temples. He was so excited to do the work for his ancestors and he isn't even baptized! So, we invited him and he said yes! It was amazing! Leilani was so happy and so was Paul. 

I love this gospel so much and how happy it makes people. I know it's true. I know it's the most important thing in the world. In fact, coming to know God and Jesus Christ, whom he hath sent, is THE most important thing we can do in this life. I hope we never hesitate to share it. I love you all with my whole heart! Work hard, pray hard! 

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment