Monday, February 10, 2014

I got an IPAD!! It is so AWESOME!!















Hey mom! I'm typing this email on my iPad! Holla! These things are nuts! I'm still getting used to them but they're definitely nice to have. We have so many resources on these bad boys that are really useful in teaching. We can be sitting in a lesson and pull up a conference talk or a Mormon message right there on the spot! Things like iPads and Facebook were invented for the hastening of the work of The Lord. I'm fully convinced of that. The inventors might not know it, but got planted these ideas in their minds so that one day He could use them for His righteous purposes. For years satan has had free reign over the internet, corrupting websites and creating almost unavoidable temptation. Now, the Army of God has been unleashed and is taking over things like Facebook so that God can build up His kingdom.

Ahh I love it! So many things pertaining to missionary work are exploding right now. This is the most important thing any of us can be doing. Alma 37:6-7 talks about small and simple means bringing great things to pass, and I know that in some sense this is what that scripture is referring to. Think of the missionary age change. People say that we shouldn't be sending out 18 year old young men and 19 year old young women because we are young and immature, but God has a wise purpose behind this. We may be small and simple, but as we serve faithfully, God will make great things come to pass. Our efforts will not be wasted. I just love it. This work is for everyone. This Gospel is for everyone. Don't be afraid to share it or leave it up to someone else. This is a marvelous work and a wonder and it's our work to do!

 Plus, God has given us endless resources (Facebook, lds.org, Mormon.org, etc) to accomplish it. We got our iPads Wednesday and already I'm seeing the work Hasten. And I sat by Elder Beus at the training for it! He is the son of my institute teacher in thatcher so I thought that was kinda funny. This week has been... Interesting.

Sister Lawson had a lot of doctors appointments to figure out what's wrong with her shoulder. We still don't know. But I got to talk to a lot of people in waiting rooms and placed a Book of Mormon and showed a Mormon message on my iPad! I showed "earthly father, Heavenly Father" and left the guy with my card. That's right, I have cards. I'm kind of a big deal.
 
Anyways, we also took a little girl that's investigating to activity days! It was so fun. We learned how to braid, which is good cause I don't know how to. Ha so I learned with all the eight and nine year olds. It was way fun and they all wanted to braid my hair so I'll send some pictures of that. It was a really slow week because we got two feet of snow! Global warming my butt! We weren't allowed to drive or ride bikes. They said we can stay home, but we went and tracted instead. It was freezing! We thought that people would be more likely to let us in because it was snowing, but we were wrong. Haha we still didn't get let in. But it was fun. We ended up teaching quite a few lessons over the phone which was really weird but pretty cool. I prefer face to face.
 
Our couple did get married on Friday but almost no one came!(weather) It was still super cool and I had a lot of fun. Kylee's baptism got rescheduled so that was a bummer but the show will go on! It was a really good week. We went to a recent converts house last night for her birthday party and that was a blast! She is married with seven children and they all got baptized a few months ago. She spoke in stake conference in front of elder christofferson! Needless to say, this woman is a stud. Remind you of anyone you know? But I asked about her conversion and it's the most amazing story. So she turned 42 yesterday, a pretty young lady. We'll last year she had a stroke that left half her body paralyzed. A friend of hers that is a member of the church offered to send her husband over to give her a blessing and she agreed thinking, what's it gonna hurt? Well, he went over the next morning and gave her a blessing and by the end of that day she could move her arms and legs. The next day she was walking. Now she spends all her time in the gym and you would never know that she was paralyzed. The day she got the blessing she asked for the missionary lessons and was baptized shortly thereafter.

 I can't even tell you how strong the spirit was as she, her husband, and their seven children rehearsed that story to me followed by their testimonies of the power of the priesthood. They were all crying, feeling blessed to have their mother in good condition and that they have the gospel. Now they share it with everyone! That is how we all should be. Sharing the Gospel because we are so blessed to have it. I know that the priesthood is the power of God and I am so blessed to be part of this gospel that has the true power of the priesthood. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World. I know that God lives and loves each of us perfectly no matter what we have done. I love you all so much! Share the gospel like there's no tomorrow! Work hard, pray hard!

Sent from my iPad
 

No comments:

Post a Comment